Lot 3245* - A199 Impressionist & Modern Art - Friday, 03. December 2021, 04.00 PM
The work is registred in the archive of Didier Imbert. A certificate can be issued at the request of the buyer.
- Schoneman Galleries, New York (label on the reverse).
- Private collection USA, acquired from the above gallery circa 1964.
- Auction Christie's, New York, 11.5.1994, lot 154.
- Private collection New Jersey, acquired at the above auction.
- Auction Sotheby's, New York, 11.3.2021, lot 4.
- Private collection Netherlands, acquired at the above auction.
‘Brouillard sur L’Eure’ is a fine example of Loiseau's later river landscapes from the 1920s. Loiseau's characteristic style of those years is composed of diverse, dynamic brushstrokes, also known as "touche croisée" or "en treillis." This enabled the artist to capture the movements of the water surface and the wind-blown branches and leaves of the trees through a veil of foggy mist.
CHF 40 000 / 60 000 | (€ 37 380 / 56 070)
Sold for CHF 122 300 (including buyer’s premium)
All information is subject to change.