Lot 1147* - A184 Furniture, Porcelain & Silver - Thursday, 22. March 2018, 10.00 AM
- formerly of the Collection A.J. Seligmann, in his Art Gallery, 128, Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, Paris.
- confiscated in 1940 by the East Ministry Rosenberg (ERR) under the Command of Colonel Kurt von Behr.
- delivered to the Hôtel de Beauharnais - the German Embassy, 78, Rue de Lille, Paris.
- exhibited in the Louvre Museum.
- delivered to Bavaria
- in 1945, sent to the Transit Zone in Neuschwanstein by the Monument Men.
- delivered on 22 October in Paris, and returned to the Seligmann family.
- from a French collection.
The commode currently on offer is depicted in the German Federal Archives Berlin; B 323 / 287, fol. 018, where it was photographed and inventoried by the Monument Men in 1945. The commode is registered and described in the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) under No. RG 260 M1945 Reel 25 NARA.
A commode by L. Boudin with very similar bronze mounts is depicted in: P. Kjellberg, Le mobilier français du XVIIIe siècle, Paris 1989; p. 96.
Ref.: P. Kjellberg, Le mobilier français du XVIIIe siècle, Paris 1989; pp. 86-98 (biogr. information).
D. Ledoux-Lebard, Le mobilier français du XIXe siècle, Paris 1989; p. 95 (biogr. information). J. Nicolay, L'art et la manière des maîtres ébénistes français au XVIIIe siècle, Paris 1976; I, pp. 23/24 (biogr. information).
CHF 28 000 / 38 000
€ 24 560 / 33 330
Sold for CHF 48 500 (including buyer’s premium)
All information is subject to change.