Lot 6228 - ibid102 ibid 19th Century Paintings - Tuesday, 02. April 2019, 03.00 PM
DIAZ DE LA PEÑA, NARCISSE
- Collection Collot (friend of Diaz and important collector), acquired from the artist.
- Auction Collection Collot, Paris, 29.5.1852, Lot 23.
- Galerie Desforges, Paris.
- Collection of Admiral Benjamin Jaurès.
- Collection of Mme Masson, Paris.
- European private collection.
- Koller, Zürich, 28.3.2014, Lot 3224.
- Swiss private collection.
Miquel, Pierre & Rolande: Narcisse Diaz de la Peña (1897 – 1876), Catalogue Raisonné de l'Oeuvre peint, Paris 2006, vol. II, No. 2300, p. 377 (painted on canvas, not on panel as erroneously stated).
Oil on canvas, relined. Paint surface well-preserved with pastuous paint in some parts. Few small craquellures visible.
Under UV-light: a retouching of around 1 x 1 cm on the girl's head as well as a retouching of around 2 x 0,5 cm to the right on her cheek. Further smaller retouching on the figures as well as dotted retouching in the sky. Varnish appears irregular in fluorescent green. Overall condition good.
CHF 3 000 / 5 000
€ 2 800 / 4 670
Sold for CHF 3 125 (including buyer’s premium)
All information is subject to change.