Lot 3410 - A206 Old Master Drawings - Friday, 22. September 2023, 11.00 AM
GIOVANNI FRANCESCO BARBIERI detto IL GUERCINO
Nicolas Turner has confirmed in an expert opinion of 15.01.2008 the authenticity of the drawing and suggested 'around 1650' as the date of origin. In his opinion, this is a study deviating in many details from one of Loth's daughters in Guercinos' paintings of the same name, which were created in this period.
- Sale, Bonhams, London, 23 April 2008, Lot 239 ("A Young holding a Glass and Carafe").
- Private collection, France.
- Sale, Dorotheum, Vienna, 27 Sep. 2017, Lot 118 ("Studie einer jungen Frau mit einem Weinglas und einer Karaffe").
- Private collection, Switzerland.
- Vgl. Nicolas Turner/Carlo Plazotta, The paintings of Guercino. A Revised and Expanded Catalogue Raisonné, Rome 2017, S. 396.
CHF 5 000 / 7 000 | (€ 5 150 / 7 220)
Sold for CHF 18 750 (including buyer’s premium)
All information is subject to change.