Lot 3015* - A186 Tableaux de Maîtres Anciens - vendredi, 28. septembre 2018, 14h00
BOSCH, HIERONYMUS (FOLLOWER CIRCA 1550)
- Palais des Congrès auction (Martin), Versailles, 20.5.1979, Lot 29 (attributed to Pieter Brueghel the Younger).
- Hotel Drouot auction (Blanchet, Joron-Derem and Daguerre), Paris, 21.3.2001, Lot 17.
- Galerie Gilbert Molle, Lyon.
- Acquired from the above gallery, private collection, Lyon.
- Thence by descent to the present owner, private collection, Lyon.
With a detailed expertise by Dr. Jaco Rutgers as an autograph work of Herri met de Bles (Dinant c. 1510 – c. 1566 Antwerp/Ferrara).
Little is known about de Bles, who signed his paintings with an owl. It is believed that he spent his last years in Italy and is the same painter known as Il Civetta (the owl in Italian). Accordingly, the owl in our painting should be understood as a signature of de Bles.
CHF 180 000 / 250 000
€ 157 890 / 219 300
Vendu pour CHF 204 500 (frais inclus)
Aucune responsabilité n'est prise quant à l´exactitude de ces informations.