Lot 3214* - A174 Tableaux du 19e siècle - vendredi, 18. septembre 2015, 17h00
(Nördlingen 1786–1862 Munich)
The Combat of Pápa on 12 June 1809.
Oil on canvas.
Signed and dated lower right: A Adam. 1844.
124,5 × 180 cm.
Dr. Ulrike von Hase–Schmundt (copy available).
– 1841 by Maximilian, 2nd Duke of Leuchtenberg (1817–1852), on the occasion of his marriage in 1839 to Maria Nikolaevna, the eldest daughter of Czar Nicholas I, for the palace in St. Petersburg, commissioned directly from the artist as part of a painting cycle of altogether 16 works depicting the battles of his father, Eugène de Beauharnais (1781–1824).
– 1844 Completion of the painting.
– Through succession to Maximilian's son, Nicholas Maximilianovich until 1891.
– Through succession to his sons Nicholas Nikolaevich (1868–1928), 9th Duke of Leuchtenberg, 5th Prince Beauharnais, and George Nikolaevich (1872–1929), 10th Duke of Leuchtenberg.
– Through the latter, relocation of the painting cycle in 1905 from Russia to the Schloss Seeon, Upper Bavaria.
– Sale of the Leuchtenberg Cycle at auction, 1935.
CHF 130 000 / 180 000 | (€ 134 020 / 185 570)
Vendu pour CHF 204 500