Lot 3246* - A191 Tableaux Impressionnistes & Modernes - vendredi, 06. décembre 2019, 16h30
PIERRE AUGUSTE RENOIR
The authenticity of the painting has been confirmed by the Wildenstein Institute, Paris, 9 December 2008.
- Galerie Durand-Ruel, purchased from the artist in 1912 (with label on the reverse).
- Galerie Bernheim-Jeune, 1912.
- Collection Rudolph Staechelin (with label on the reverse).
- Galerie Beyeler, Basel (with label on the reverse).
- Private collection Switzerland.
Pierre August Renoir's passion for natural elements extended beyond his landscapes, and numerous still lifes additionally became an important subject for the artist. Especially roses, in their various forms, colours and stages of growth, adorn his works with female figures, like still lifes themselves. In his paintings, the rose functions as a symbol of the woman and her beauty. The artist placed these two elements in a reciprocal interaction by imparting the roses with the colour of his female nudes, while colouring the delicate skin of the woman in the shades of roses.
CHF 120 000 / 160 000
€ 105 260 / 140 350
Vendu pour CHF 268 700 (frais inclus)
Aucune responsabilité n'est prise quant à l´exactitude de ces informations.